NBA 2K23: All Changes to MyTeam
We’re just a few weeks out now from the highly-anticipated release of NBA 2K23.
With the launch date inching closer, 2K Sports has slowly been revealing more and more information for each game mode.
The latest Courtside Report highlighted that NBA 2K23 will feature a variety of brand-new experiences to the ever-popular MyTeam.
After analyzing the recent news, we’ve laid out all of the big changes to NBA 2K23’s MyTeam.
NBA 2K23: All Changes to MyTeam
- Clutch Time available at launch – Clutch Time is a single-player arcade mode that features a four-point line. It was such a hit in NBA 2K22 that they made it an official feature for NBA 2K23.
- Starter Cards trial games – Not only will you get Starter Cards when you first load up MyTeam, but you will also get the chance to play trial games with them before you decide which one you want. Ja Morant, Joel Embiid, and Jimmy Butler will be the three players you get to choose from. Also, players will receive a free 90
- OVR Amethyst Fred Jones card after playing in 10 MyTeam games.
- No More Contracts – Another big change to NBA 2K23’s MyTeam mode is the removal of contracts. Which have truthfully always felt like an unnecessary feature.
- Triple Threat Online Co-Op – In NBA 2K23, players will get to team up for Triple-Threat Online games. Which there is a party mode, a co-op mode, and a competitive mode. Introducing one of the best ways to compete with and against friends online.
- New Prestige Tiers in Unlimited – New Prestige Tiers allow players that reach the top tier to start over and unlock more rewards. Players will earn Season Points with every win or loss to help them advance to the next tier. Some leaderboards will show where you stand amongst the MyTeam community. As well as a special icon for all those who crack the Top 10.
- Exhibitions – In NBA 2K23, players can send player cards outside of their 13-player lineup and receive a special reward. Presenting a passive way to obtain potential game-changing rewards.
- Trophy Case Awards – Another fantasy way to get special rewards in NBA 2K23’s MyTeam is with the new Trophy Case awards. There will be 15 event cards for each NBA franchise that show key moments in the team’s history. Players can then earn a trophy by obtaining the trophy attached to each of these cards. Completing the Trophy Case will unlock a Pink Diamond player for each team as well.
- Player-Lock in Any MyTeam Mode – In NBA 2K23, users can now choose to player-lock anybody in their lineup in any game mode. This feature, in particular, could become incredibly useful when you’re trying to enhance a specific stat for a certain player.
- MyTeam Unlimited Tournament Returns – Finally, the $250,000 MyTEAM Unlimited Tournaments will be returning this year for each console. To participate, players much reach the Emerald Tier in the new Unlimited mode before the first GameDay on October 15. The finalists will compete for the right to $50,000 as Console Champions and $200,000 as Grand Champions.
That’s everything you need to know about all of the changes to NBA 2K23’s MyTeam. If you’re interested in more NBA 2K content, be sure to check out our guides section here at Gamer Journalist. Where you can find information like how to customize your dunking in NBA 2K23 or all MyPlayer badges retired ahead of NBA 2K23.
People also ask Will there be an NBA 2K23? Will NBA 2K23 have a demo? How much will 2K23 cost? Is 2K 23 out?